
Today i listened to Christmas music for a little while.. I feel like its a sneak peak of December, like I'm not really suppose to listen to it, but its a hopeful little tune of excitement to come. Ive just come to the realization that our next Christmas will be spent in our new home, which is very exciting. Being in an apt, we were always trying to squeeze a tree in the corner, so i'm looking forward to having space to decorate. Its weird how i still have excited feelings about Christmas, our past one was a bit damaging, but i guess through God's grace i am able to hang on to the few good memories. Christmas is hard once you are married. You go from complete innocence and joy (as a child) to being torn apart to pieces and trying to people please... pleasing everyone but yourself. Its kinda crazy that i got on this tangent, i guess thats what comes to mind when listening to Christmas music. My favorite is Sarah Mclaughlin's Christmas CD (which is what i'm listening to now). I seem to connect to the mood of that one a little bit more. Its a great treat to dig out mid - year, you should look into it... I think my husband thinks I'm a little loony when i listen to Christmas music outside of December... does anyone else admit to doing this?
on a side note.. i'm flying to san antonio to see my brother tomorrow and eat piggies. I'm very excited about this, but already missing my hubby (which possibly could explain the sappy Christmas music mood)... i wish he could come too... and paisley too - of course.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Christmas in June
Posted by Jenny at 10:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Yeah! Aaron made the blog, he's such a celebrity!
Post a Comment